I am always looking for ways to earn a little extra money and ways to help people with their food storage and preparedness efforts. Rarely does an opportunity come along that fits both categories. I had been pretty sure that I didn’t have enough time to devote to anything more with the family and baby, home and church duties, yard work, and blog already. But the Shelf Reliance consultant opportunity came up and knowing I could help others and earn an income and get free and discounted food storage, well, I had to give it a try, right? It’s now been two months since I got started and let me tell you, I LOVE this company! Here is a short list of why.
1. Variety and quality. The number of different foods that are available through the Thrive line are simply unmatched by any other company. Products like freeze dried apricots, cherries, and grapes, green chiles, mushrooms, and red peppers. They also carry a large variety of freeze dried meats, cheeses, and even yogurt bites (my kids love these)! And they are strict about quality control. The food is picked fresh and freeze dried fast so you get the best tasting, freshest foods when you use Thrive foods. Plus they are constantly innovating and coming out with new products. This is not your grandma’s food storage. I promise you she didn’t have yogurt bites. ;)
2. Most of their products are single ingredients as opposed to freeze dried meals. I love a good quick freeze dried meal as much as anybody, but I don’t want my whole food storage to consist of 6 or even 12 different meals that I have to rotate over and over and over. With single ingredients, you can make your own meals, even most of your favorite meals that you make with fresh ingredients. You can mix and match them together to make hundreds of different meals or just snack right out of the can.
3. Meals. They do have full freeze dried meals in the Thrive Express line and they are good. Developed by Thrive’s own chef, they are not just some other brand’s meals with different packaging. Foods like Chili Lime Chicken and Rice, and Garden Vegetable Chowder. Yum.
4. Shelf Reliance has a food storage calculator that lets you know exactly how much you need to have on hand for specific caloric requirements for those in your family. You enter the family members, calories, and how long you’d like to have food stored for and the calculator does all the figuring!
5. Then they make it easy to get your food a little at a time through their automatic monthly shipment program called the Q. You enter your budget and either use your generated list from the calculator (which you can edit as much as you want) or enter your wishlist, and the Q automatically ships you food from your list up to your specified budget amount each month. Through the Q you always get the best prices plus free gifts and special discounts. It’s perfect!
6. They offer their foods in a variety of sizes. You can get them in pouches if you want to try it before buying a lot, small “pantry cans” which are about the size of a large soup can, #10 cans, and most of their product is also available in buckets which all have a gamma seal lid for a tight seal and easy access. Sweet.
7. Rotating shelves. These are really quite nice and available in so many different sizes they’ll fit somewhere in almost anyone’s house. They even have sizes that fit under your bed! The rotating shelves keep your food storage neat and makes sure you’re using the oldest foods first.
8. I think this may be my favorite one. It is easy to get food for half off and free just by hosting a party (which can be an online party for you who don’t live near a consultant–just email me and we can get one set up for you). It’s even better to get food for half off and free and get paid by becoming a consultant and sharing Thrive foods with others. And so you know how easy it is, I’ll add that I get paid more from my Thrive sales with fewer hours put in than I receive from advertising and other sales on my blog in an average month. This is an especially perfect income opportunity for anyone who loves food storage or preparedness, but really anybody can do this. You’re selling something everybody uses every day–it’s not a product that only appeals to some, everyone eats.
Shelf Reliance is a national company that has recently expanded to Canada and is working on expansion to other markets as well, so what are you waiting for? Head on over and check out their products, and if you’re interested in earning money and/or building your food storage, contact me and we’ll get you set up with a party or signed up as a consultant for Shelf Reliance!