Mountain House freeze dried foods are some of my very favorite pre-made food storage meals, and today I’m hosting the Mountain House Moveable Feast where one of you, my lucky readers, will win a Just in Case Classic Assortment Bucket of meals from Mountain House!
Why do you want Mountain House meals in your food storage? Well, here’s ten reasons I have them in mine.
- Mountain House is produced by Oregon Freeze Dry who have been making freeze dried meals since before I was born. This company knows freeze drying like no other.
- Sometimes you just won’t have the time or energy to make a meal from scratch in an emergency.
- Some brands of survival meals require cooking, but Mountain House meals just need hot water added and a little soak time and presto! A hot meal. Easy.
- Real meat. None of that crazy TVP stuff.
- Breakfasts! Scrambled eggs with ham and bell peppers, scrambled eggs with bacon, granola with milk and blueberries, and a breakfast skillet mix.
- You can even cook and eat the meal right out of the pouch. No dishes? Sign me up!
- Pouches are lightweight and perfect for a 72 hour emergency kit or bug out bag.
- Shelf life on pouches is 10+ years, meaning I don’t have to rotate my emergency kit foods every six months.
- The foods are also available in #10 cans. Reduced cost per meal, flexible serving sizes, reduced storage space needed, and increased shelf life: 25+ years on cans!
- Even the kids will eat the lasagna with meat sauce, macaroni and cheese, turkey tetrazzini, and chicken a la king! And my kids are crazy picky about their food.
Mountain House meals are my go-to when I need a fast meal for a short notice day on the mountain and they are what I carry in my emergency kit. Now I know you want to win a Just in Case assortment for yourself, so here’s how to enter the giveaway:
Sign in to the rafflecopter form below. Use an email you check regularly so I can contact you if you win. Once you’re signed in you can earn an entry for each of the following:
- Leave a comment on my blog. It does not need to be on this post! Hit some of the popular posts (list on the left sidebar), or use the search bar at the top right or category menu for something you’re interested in reading.
- Like Mountain House on Facebook
- Like Food Storage and Survival on Facebook
- Share this giveaway through your favorite social media
That’s it! Super easy. The giveaway will run through midnight next Monday, December 16th and the winner will be contacted shortly after it ends. Good luck!