Welcome to Food Storage and Survival, my new blog site! As you can see, it is a new site address (to make it easier for you and me to remember it!), a mostly new look and an improved layout. Hopefully you’ll find it easy to get around the blog and be able to find the articles you’re interested in more quickly. There are useful menus at the top and on the right sidebar to help you find what you need. I’ve also added an email newsletter for specials, tips, and updates to help you be better prepared! All the old blog posts and comments are here (well, except for a few that the importer didn’t import–still working on that). Same author, same quality articles, just a new location and new look. Like your favorite cereal in a new, easier to open, box. ;)
To celebrate the new blog, we’re having a super-giveaway! A number of fantastic companies have sponsored prizes for some of my lucky readers! I know you can’t wait, so here’s what you could win!
3. A survival seed package from Hometown Seeds. In addition to providing this seed package prize, Hometown Seeds is offering my readers a 10% discount off their entire order for the month of February! Use discount code “self” at checkout. I used a number of their seeds in my garden last year and they were fantastic quality!
4. Two dozen each regular and wide mouth reusable canning lids from Tattler Reusable Canning Lids. In case you missed my review of these lids, you can find it here. I have jam, salsa, and tomatoes in my food storage room canned with the Tattler lids and am loving them!
6. A copy of Les Stroud’s book, Will to Live: Dispatches from the Edge of Survival, from Harper publishers. I reviewed this book just last week here.
7. A super fun assortment of 20 different non-hybrid, non-GMO seed packets from one of my favorite seed stores, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds. You get seeds for flowers, herbs, vegetables and melons!
8. A $50.00 Gift certificate to CSN Stores! (You can use it toward canning supplies, pressure cooker, food processor, noodle maker, or even greenhouse supplies, or whatever else you need!)
How To Enter
Now I know you’re wondering what you need to do to win one of these great prizes, right? Well, there are a lot of ways to enter. The idea is to reward you all for making the effort to change your settings and follow me over to this new blog location, and of course to invite your friends to join us also! Because of the change in web address, things like the feed subscription, facebook page, etc. have all changed, so even if you were subscribed to Adventures in Self Reliance, you’ll need to re-subscribe here to keep following this blog. Kind of a pain, but it really won’t take too much time or effort, and I don’t expect you all to do everything! Just pick the methods to keep in touch that work for you. You can get a prize entry for doing each of the following:
1. Subscribe to Food Storage and Survival in a feed reader or by email. Use the links on the top of the right hand sidebar for this.
2. Subscribe to my new email newsletter! To start, you’ll get the 7 Essential Survival Skills series, as well as periodic updates, specials, and information to help you get better prepared! It’s on the right sidebar also–gray box under the feed reader links.
3. Put a post on your blog about my new blog location and this giveaway. Make sure you link over here!
4. Share the new blog location and/or giveaway on Twitter. Include @foodstoragefun in your tweet.
5. Email your friends about this blog and/or giveaway. Again, make sure to include a link so they can find it! I don’t need you to bcc me or anything with this email. I’ll take your word that you did it.
6. Put the new Food Storage and Survival button on your blog. The code is on the right sidebar.
7. “Like” Food Storage and Survival on Facebook. While you’re at it, you could suggest it to your friends as well.
8. Post a link to this blog and giveaway on Facebook. You don’t need to “friend” me, I’m taking your word on this one also.
9. Share this blog and giveaway through some other means like digg, stumbleupon, or whatever other social networking you use.
Easy enough? Once you’ve done whatever you want (I really don’t expect everyone to do everything!), fill out the form below to be entered in the prize drawings. This giveaway will run for two weeks, ending at 11:59 pm MST on Monday, February 14th and the winners will be notified soon after that. If any winners do not respond within 3 days of notification, I’ll draw a new winner for that item. Good luck and thanks for taking the time and effort to make the change with me!